This is another simple to cook slow-cooker recipe. This simple mix-vegetable curry uses easily available vegetables that are usually present in our refrigerators. This curry freezes very well as well. You can easily cook double quantity and freeze it for lunch or dinner at a later time.
1. Mix Vegetables (1/2 cup cauliflower florets, 3/4 cup small cut potato, 3/4 small pieces eggplant, 1/2 cup small cut carrot, 1/3 cup green peas, 1/3 cup corn )
2. 1/3 cup small cut onion, 2 clove nicely chopped garlic,1 small cut tomato
3. 2 cup water
4. 1tsp red chili powder, 1/4tsp turmeric powder, 1tsp coriander powder, 1/2tsp garam
masala, 1 tsp green chili ginger paste
5. 1 1/2tsp sugar, 2tbsp tomato pure
6. 1.5 tsp corn starch, 3tsp water
2 and1/2tbsp oil, 1/2tsp cumin seed, pinch of asafoetida
cilantro for garnishing
1. Combine all items from 1 and 2 in slow cooker and add 2 cup hot water.
2. Add all spices from item 4 and salt to taste. Mix it well. Set slow cooker on high and cover it well.
3. Stir it after an hour or so.
4. In a sauce pane, take 3tbsp oil, add cumin when oil is hot. Add asafetida when cumin cracks.Add this tempering in vegetables when almost cooked. (about 3 hours)
5.Add sugar and tomato pure to the curry. (If curry is too watery add dissolved corn starch)
6.Add coriander powder and garam masala ( all spice powder)
6.Cook for another 1/2 hour.
Garnish with cilantro and enjoy with tortila ( roti )/ Indian flat bread or rice.
Sending this recipe to Side Dish Mela Food Event.