Today I am posting another simple recipe like slow cooker aloo-palak (potato and spinach curry) I posted last week. Aloo-Baingan (Potato Eggplant Curry) is also simple recipe for quick week night dinner or lunch. All you have to do it cut some vegetables, add tempering, put it all in slow-cooker, cover it and let it sit on high for 2 hours !
Preparation Time: 5 to 7 minutes
Cooking Time: 2 hour
Serves: 4 people
1. 2-1/2 cup cut eggplant (baingan/ringan)
2. 1-1/2 cup cut potato
3. 1 cut tomato
4. 1/2tsp shredded ginger
5. 1/2tsp shredded garlic
6. 1tbsp nicely cut green garlic leaves ( optional )
7. 1 nicely cut green chili
8.1/2tsp red chili powder
9. 1/4tsp turmeric powder
10. 1/2tsp coriander powder
11. 1-1/2tbsp jaggari ( molasses, brown sugar )
12. salt to taste
13. 3tbsp water
(All these spices are easily available in any Indian Store. You can find all the spices mentioned above in this lovely Indian Spices Starter Kit as well . This start kit contains almost 30 different spices and is indeed good value for the price. )
1. 2tbsp oil
2. 1/2tsp mustard seeds
3. pinch asafoetida or hing (optional )
Garnishing: Nicely cut fresh coriander leaves
1. Combine all 13 ingredient in a slow cooker.
2. In a small sauce pan combine oil and mustard seeds.
3. Put it on high on stove top.
4. After mustard pops, turn off stove top.
5. Add tempering in slow cooker and mix it well.
6. Cover the slow cooker and set it on high.
Aloo Baingan curry will be ready in about 2 hours. Transfer in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve with roti, paratha or rice.
Indian Mix-Vegetable Curry using Slow-Cooker
Slow Cooker Aloo-Gobi (Potato Cauliflower Curry)
Slow Cooker Dal Fry Recipe
If you like what you are reading, follow us on Facebook, Twitter , Pinterest or Google+.
Sending to event In My Veg Box - Tomatoes