My grand-kids take this pulav to school for lunch once a week and lunchbox always comes back empty !
1.1 cup rice(preferably basmati)
2. 2 cup water
3. 2 cup cut mix vegetable ( carrot, cut green beans, green peas, potato, cauliflower )
4.1/4tsp turmeric powder, salt to taste
1. 2 tbsp butter (oil if making vegan),
2. 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
3. 6 clove , 2 cinnamon sticks, 2 bay leaves, 6 whole black pepper, 2 big black cardamom, 6 small green cardamom
(All these spices are easily available in any Indian Store. You can find all the spices mentioned above in this lovely Indian Spices Starter Kit without spending fortune ! )
Method for making Pulav in Slow Cooker:1. Wash rice and soak for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
2. Mix rice, cut vegetable, 2 cup water, salt and turmeric. Put this all in slow-cooker.
3.In a small frying pan heat butter. Add cumin seeds when butter has melted.
4.When cumin cracks add rest of the tempering ingredients. Let them crack as well and then add them in slow-cooker.
5. Cover it for about 2 hours on 'high' and pulao will be done. Mix it well and it is ready to serve.
Check out more Indian Slow-Cooker/Crockpot Recipe
Slow Cooker Aloo-Palak Recipe
Slow Cooker Dal Fry Recipe
Slow Cooker Aloo Baingan Recipe
Slow Cooker Sprout Pulav
This is the Indian Spices Starter Kit I mentioned earlier in the post. It contains more than 30 different Indian spices in proportion of use.