Read More: Indian Slow-Cooker/Crockpot Recipe
1. 2 cup ( 32 0z ) half and half milk
2.2 cup ( 32 0z ) whole milk
3. 3/4 cup sugar
4.1/4tsp cardamom powder
5. sliced almond and pistachio for garnishing
Method of making Basudi/Rabadi using Slow-Cooker/Crockpot
1. In a nonstick pan combine milk and sugar. Boil it on gas stow until sugar dissolves. (If you have slow-cooker that can be used on stop top too than use the slow-cooker for this first step itself.)
3.Set slow cooker on high. Do not cover.
4. Stir very well every two hour or so to break the layer of cream.
5. After six hour put slow cooker on low for another 2 hours.
6. Depending on thickness you are looking for it takes about 8 to 9 hour to make basudi or rabadi (it is much thicker than basudi).
7. Transfer Basudi/Rabadi in a serving bowl.
8.Add cardamom powder and garnish with almond/pistachio. Basudi is ready to serve.
If you like this dessert recipe try these other delicious dessert recipes.
1. Slow Cooker/Crockpot Sweet Pongal/Sakkarai Pongal
2. Slow Cooker Cracked Wheat Halwa (Fada Lapsi)
3. Slow Cooker Carrot Halwa or Gajar Halwa Recipe
Sending this entry to Kids Delight