I have been making pasta for my grand-kids using store bought Alfredo Sauce and Broccoli. They love the combination. However we were looking for some change. This resulted in Vegan Broccoli Sauce using Cashew. Both my grand-kids loved this pasta. Their lunch boxes came back empty ! This is a good sauce to sneak in some broccoli if your kids don't like to cut pieces of broccoli.
1. 2 cup rotini pasta
2 2 cup broccoli florets
3. 1.1/2 cup water
4. salt to taste
5. 12 cashews powder
6. 1tbsp Vegan Parmesan Cheese (Find Vegan Parmesan Cheese Here or skip it in recipe to make it vegan)
7. 1/2tsp black pepper
8. 1/4tsp dry oregano
9. 1/4tsp dry parsley
10. 2tsp oil
Method Step By Step
1.Cook pasta as per package direction. Drain it and keep it aside. (Apply some oil to make sure they don't stick)
2. Boil broccoli in a 1 and 1/2 cup water. Add pinch of salt. (You may steam the broccoli. It is more healthier option)
3. After broccoli is cooked, puree it, add cashews powder and cheese.
4. Add black pepper, oregano, parsley in broccoli sauce.
5. Mix sauce well with cooked pasta and it is ready eat. (Adjust salt if needed)
Do you have any go-to pasta recipe that your kids love? Please leave a comment below and let me know. I would love to try out your recipe. I am always looking for new recipes that kids can take for lunchbox. Here are some other recipes for kids lunch box.
Sending to cooking with herbs event.