Its been long time since I made eggless sugar cookies and no-bake roller coaster cookies for Christmas. My grand-kids have been asking me to make some cookies for them. So on occasion of Easter I made them these colorful eggless pinwheel cookies. I have also added some wheat flour to make them little bit healthier. If you look at the instructions they may seem lengthy. However I have provided step by step pictures also to help with the process.
Preparation Time : 30 Minutes
Baking Time :15 Minutes
Freezing Time : 2 hours
Makes 40 Cookies (depending on size )
1. 2 cup all purpose flour
2. 1/2 cup wheat flour
3. 1tsp baking powder
4. 1/2tsp salt
5. 3/4 cup butter
6. 3/4 cup sugar
7. few tea spoon milk (as needed to adjust dough binding)
8.1/2 tsp vanilla
9. blue, pink, green and yellow food color
Method Step By Step:
1. Sift flour, baking powder and salt.
2. Combine butter and sugar in a mixing bowl and mix it very well until smooth.
3. Add vanilla and slowly add flour.
4. Add milk to make dough that will be soft enough to roll.
5. Divide in 4 equal parts and add color of your preference to each part and mix it well. I made one set of cookies with yellow and green and another set with pink and blue that why I am making 4 equal parts. If you prefer only two colors (single set) then you need to divide dough only in 2 parts.
6. Now cover plastic wrap and freeze dough for at least 1 hour so that it will be easy to roll.
7. Roll each of the dough part between parchment paper to desired thickness.
8.Based on color combination you desire, put one rolled portion over another and fold it in a cylinder.
9. Cover the cylinder with foil and put in freeze at least 1 hour.
10. Cut cookies approximately about 1/2" thickness. Line them on cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.
11. Bake cookies in pre-heat over @350F for 15 minute (or depending on your oven)
Lot of variations are possible in these cookies for different tastes. As you can see in picture, I have also prepared some with coco powder.
Simillar Eggless Recipes:
1. Eggless Apple Pie Recipe
2. No Bake Eggless Roller Coaster Cookie
3. Eggless TuttiFruity Bread
4. Eggless Healthy Cinnamon Raisin Bread
If you like what you are reading, follow us on Facebook, Twitter , Pinterest or Google+.
Sending this entry to Lets Cook Easter Sweets Event , Join us for Breakfast , Bake Fest #32