How to make dudhi chana ni dal nu shak in slow cooker:
Preparation Time : 5-7 minutes ( time to soak dal: 3 hours)
Cook time: 4 hours
1. 1/2 cup split chick peas ( chana dal )
2. 2 cup cut opo squash (doodhi/lauki ) or approximately 250 gram
3. 2 1/4 cup hot water
4. 1 tsp red chili powder
5. 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
6. salt to taste
7. 1 tsp coriander powder
8. 2 tbs jaggari/brown sugar
9. 2 tbs tomato puree or 1 small chopped tomato
1. 2 1/2 tbs oil
2. 1/2 tsp mustard seed
3. 1 tsp cumin
4. 2 pinch asafoetida
1. Soak dal for 3 hour in a very hot water
2. After 3 hour drain the water.
3. Add all ingredients from 1-6 in slow cooker bowl, mix them well and set slow cooker on high. Let it cook for about 4 hours.
4. After 4 hour, prepare tadka/tempering in a small frying pan. Put small pan on medium heat. Add oil, mustard seed and cumin seeds. Once they crack, add asafoetida and immediately pour in slow cooker.
5. Now add Jaggari/brown sugar. Dissolve it well and sprinkle with coriander powder and mix it well.
6.Transfer in a serving bowl and sprinkle with cilantro.
7. Opo Squash and Daal is ready to be served with rice, chapati, paratha etc.
If you like what you are reading, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter , Pinterest or Google+.
Slow-Cooker Vegetable Pulav Recipe
Slow-Cooker or Crockpot Sprout Pulav Recipe
Slow Cooker/Crockpot Sweet Pongal/Sakkarai Pongal
Slow Cooker Cracked Wheat Halwa (Fada Lapsi)
Slow Cooker Mango Jam Recipe
Slow Cooker Dal Fry Recipe
Slow Cooker Aloo Baingan Recipe
If you like what you are reading, do follow us on Facebook, Twitter , Pintrest or Google+.