My mother used to make Mango Halwa as offering to lord Krishna. I remember my mom waking up early in the morning, doing prayer and then making many items for offering to lord Krishna. It took hours to make this on stove top. Below recipe is a simplified version using Microwave. It barely takes 15 minutes to cook delicious Mango Halwa in Microwave. You may also like my mom's Mango Jam adapted using slow cooker.
Also Try: Indian Microwave Recipes
1. 1 Cup mango pulp
2. 4 tbs condensed milk
3. 2tbs sugar
4. 2tbs.powder sugar
5. 2tsp ghee ( butter )
6. 1/4 cardamom powder
7. Almond for garnishing
1. In a microwave safe bowl take first three ingredients. Cook for about 10- 15 minutes depending on power of microwave, stirring every 1 minute.
2. Check in-between to make sure Halwa is not burning.
3. Once it looks cooked (does not stick to finger) add ghee and give it a good stir.
4. Add cardamom powder after it settles for 2-3 minutes.
5. Add powdered sugar and mix it well.
6. Spread on greased plate, sprinkle with sliced almond and cut into pieces.
Make sure to use fresh Mango pulp for Mango Halwa and not canned pulp. If you like this Halwa recipe try these other sweet or dessert recipes.
Sending this recipe to Special Summer Mela. and Spot Light - Raksha Bandhan