Thursday, August 15, 2013
Healthy Tadka Dal with Spinach Using Slow Cooker
Tadka Dal with Spinach is a very satisfying and complete meal. This daal with rice or chapati (Indian flat bread) is great as packed lunch. It is protein and iron reach food. It can little bit time consuming to make tadka daal on stove top. However using slow cooker it can be made very simple. Yes, it take more time to cook food in slow-cooker but it is all in-active time. One cannot put food on stove top and go out to run errand, while that is possible on slow-cooker. Enjoy this tadka dal with easy to cook Jeera Rice using Microwave.
1. 1/3 cup moong dal (yellow dal)
2. 1 1/2 cup water
3. 1 1/2 cup spinach
4. 1 small onion
5. 1 small tomato
6. 2-3 clove garlic
7. 1tsp red chili powder, 1/4 tsp turmeric powder, 1/4tsp garam masala (all spice powder), 1/2 tsp coriander
powder, 1tsp sugar
8. Salt to test
1. 1 tbs oil 1/4 tsp cumin, pinch of asafoetida (hing)
Method Step By Step
1. Soak Moong dal for 1 hour. In a slow cooker Combine Moong Dal with very hot water, salt and turmeric powder. Cover it and let it cook on high in slow cooker
2.Stir Dal after 1 hour
3.Cut small pieces of tomato, onion and garlic.
5. After about 2 hours dal will be cooked. That is when add Tadka (Spinach Gravy crated in step 4) in Dal.
Sending this entry to Side Dish Mela Food Event.