My niece Swati makes best ice creams. She always told me to try her recipe. She said it is very simple recipe, it requires 5 easily available ingredients and hardly needs 10 minutes of prep time to make base ice cream and then I could make multiple flavors of ice cream. I never gave it a try until recently. Now I wonder why I never tried her recipe. It really took me only 10 minutes of prep work and I made 4 different flavors of ice creams. Ice cream turns out to be so creamy and delicious. Do give it a try and let me know how do you like this recipe.
Preparation Time 10 Minute
Setting Time 12 Hours
1.1 can ( 14 - oz ) sweetened condensed milk
2.1 can ( 12 - oz ) evaporated milk
3.1 box ( 16 oz ) heavy whipping cream
4.1 box ( 16 - oz ) half and half milk ( full fat milk )
5. 8 oz cool whip
Additional ingredients to make different flavors:
Vanilla Ice Cream:
1. 1tsp vanilla essence
Saffron Ice Cream:
1. Pinch saffron
2. 1/4 tsp cardamom powder
Mango Ice Cream:
1. 1/2 cup mango pulp
Pistachio-Almond Ice Cream:
1. 5 almonds and 5 pistachios chopped
2. Pinch of green food color
3. Almond or pistachio essence (optional)
Method Step By Step:
1.In a big vessel combine all five ice cream ingredients and mix them very well. This is basic ice cream mixture. Now you can use it to make any flavor.
2.I took two cup of ice cream mix prepared in step 1 and added 1tsp vanilla essence to make Vanilla Ice cream.
3.Transfer ice cream mix in air tight container and put it in a freezer.
4. Every 2 to 3 hours give a good stir to ice cream put it back in freezer. This makes sure ice cream becomes very creamy.
5. After about 12 hours ice cream will be set and ready to serve.
6. I followed same method for 3 other flavors as well.
You may try more flavors like:
1.cashew, raisin and vanilla essence ( cashew and raisin need to soak in milk before mixing)
2. Strawberry ice cream using Strawberry puree
3. Pineapple ice cream adding small pineapple chunks
If you like what you are reading, follow us on Facebook, Twitter , Pinterest or Google+.