All you need is some chopped potatoes, tomatoes and peas. All these are usually found in our refrigerator. Just need little bit of tempering and put it in slow cooker. This curry or shaak goes well with roti or paratha as well.
List of spices mentioned below seems little elaborate but they are all easily available in any Indian Grocery store. You can also purchase this Indian Spices Starter Kit which includes all the below listed spices and many more without worrying about significant investment.
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 2 hour
Serves: 5 To 6 people
Ingredients for tameta, bataka, vatana nu shaak:
1. 3 cup cube cut potato ( I use Vidalia Chop Wizard to make cutting/chopping easy.)
2. 1 cup cube cut tomato
3. 3/4 cup frozen green peas
4. 1/2tsp red chili powder
5. 1/4tsp turmeric powder
6. 1/2tsp coriander powder
7. 2/1/2tsp brown sugar ( jeggari )
8. salt to taste
9. 2tbsp nicely chopped coriander leaves
10. 1-1/2 cup hot water
1. 2tbsp oil
2. 1/2tsp mustard seeds
3. 1/2tsp cumin seeds
4. pinch of asafetida
Method To Make Tameta, Bataka, Vatana Nu Shaak:
1. Combine potato, spices and water in a slow cooker.
2. In a small sauce pan combine oil, mustard seeds and cumin seeds.
3. Put it on medium heat on stove top.
4. When seeds pop, add asafetida. Turn off stove and combine tempering in a slow cooker.
5. Cover slow cooker and cook for about 2 hours.
6. Once potatos seem cooked, add green peas and tomato and mix it well.
7. Take out about 2tbsp of potato mixture out of slow cooker and mesh very well. Mix this back to the curry in slow cooker. This will help thicken the gravy.
8. Transfer curry in a serving bowl and sprinkle with coriander leaves.
Curry or Shaak is ready to serve. Enjoy with roti, paratha, rice or khichdi
Do keep in touch on Facebook, Twitter , Pintrest or Google+.
1. Slow-Cooker Vegetable Pulav Recipe
2. Slow-Cooker or Crockpot Sprout Pulav Recipe
3. Mix-Vegetable Curry using Slow Cooker