Since then we have tried many times to create same taste in our home cooking. Below is healthier version of Vegetable Manchurian. Dumplings or Vegetable Manchurian is steamed instead of deep-fry.
For Manchurian Dumplings:
1.1/2 cup grated cauliflower
2.1/2 cup grated carrot
3.1/2 cup grated cabbage
4.1tsp white pepper powder
5.salt to taste
6.1 1/2tbsp corn starch
1. 8 too 10 nicely cut garlic cloves
2. 2tsp nicely cut ginger
3. 2 nicely cut green chili
4. 2 spring onion white part
5. salt to taste
6. 1/2tsp white pepper powder
7. 2tbsp soya sauce
8. 1tsp sugar
9. 1tbsp oil
10. 1tbsp tomato ketchup ( Maggi tomato ketchup works best)
12. 1 1/2 cup water
13. 1tbsp corn starch
14. spring onion for garnishing
Method for Making Steamed Vegetable Manchurian:
1.Combine all Manchurian ingredients in a mixing bowl. Mix them well and make walnut size balls.
2. Steam Manchurian balls (dumplings) in steamer for about 7 to 10 minutes and they should be cooked well.
Method for making Sauce:
1.Combine oil and nicely cut garlic in a big sauce pan. Stir it for a minute .
2. Now add ginger, green chili, white part of spring onion and stir it for another minute. Add 1 1/2 cup water.
3.Add salt, sugar, soya sauce, tomato ketchup and white pepper powder and stir for a minute.
4.In 1tbsp water dissolve corn starch and add it in sauce. Let it cook for little bit until sauce looks oily.
5.Now add boiled Manchurian dumplings and cook for another minute or so.
6.Take off from stove top and transfer in a serving bowl.
7.Garnish with green onions.
Serve Vegetable Manchurian as appetizer or side dish with Chinese fried rice or to be more correct indo-Chinese fried rice. ! Do let us know how do you like this healthier version of Vegetable Manchurian.
If you like what you are reading, follow us on Facebook, Twitter , Pinterest or Google+.
Sending this entry to Fabulous Fusion Food Event.