Preparation time 10 minute
Bake time 10 minute
Makes 25 to 30 cookies depending on size
Ingredients for Sugar Cookies:
1. 1 cup flour (1tbsp wheat flour + rest all purpose flour)
2.1/2 cup melted butter
3. 1/2 cup powder sugar
4. 1/4tsp baking powder
5.1/4 baking soda
6. 2 to 3 pinch salt
Ingredients For Icing:
1. 1 cup icing sugar
2.drop of vanilla essence
3.1tbsp +1 to 2tsp milk
Method to make cookies:
1.In one bowl combine dry ingredients and whisk well.
2. In another bowl take melted butter and powder sugar. Mix it well until it becomes creamy.
3. Add flour slowly to butter and sugar mixture to make dough.
4. Cover dough with plastic and put it in a freeze for about 20 to 30 minutes.
5 After 20 minute divide dough in 25 equal parts.
6. Cover cookie sheet with butter paper.
7. Press cookie balls with your palm and arrange in a cookie sheet. Keep about 1" gape between cookies.
8.Pre heat oven at 350F and bake for 9 to 10 minutes.
9. Transfer cookies on wire rack when done.
After cookies cool down they are ready for icing.
Method for making Icing:
1. In icing sugar add vanilla essence.
2. Slowly add milk and mix it well while checking consistency. Icing should be spreadable using knife.
3. Using spoon or knife spread icing on cookie. Spread rainbow sprinkles on icing. Let it dry for about 30 minutes.
My grandkids loved the cookies. They even spread their icing on their own cookies and sprinkled them by themselves. It was fun activity with my grand kids. I also sent a batch of these cookies to my husbands office. None of the cookie came back home !
Marry Christmas to all our readers.
1. Eggless Apple Pie Recipe
2. No Bake Eggless Roller Coaster or Pinwheel Cookie Recipe
3. Eggless Healthy Cinnamon Raisin Bread
If you like what you are reading, follow us on Facebook, Twitter , Pinterest or Google+.
Sending entry to Christmas and New Year Event
and Favorite Christmas Recipes and
Holiday Baking Event.